Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Kindergartener

Oh boy.
It hurt. I wont lie.
I cried.
This isnt something that gets easier with each child.
I felt my heart get really tight and my stomach lurch.
I wanted to grab him and race back home.

But he went. And he was excited.
After breakfast he told Jordan:
Well, my head wants to go...but my tummy doesn't.
FAVORITE QUOTE EVER!

Then he told me that he was 2 nervouses and 1 excited.
But when we got to the school he switched it and was 1 nervous and 2 exciteds
See...these conversations are why I almost drug him back home!
I MISS HIM!

We went to hang up his bag and he shares his cubbie with a girl.
Well she had her bag on his hook.
He whispers...'Should I move it?'
I told him that was fine. He said, 'Phew, that was close'
SEE He's Hysterical!

At this point there was no way I was going to get a decent smile.
So we went and found his teacher.

I said, are you ok buddy?
He looks at me and says, 'I need a hug'
ugh.
I gave him a huge hug and my tears started.
The sweet kid patted my cheek, whispered 'I love you' and turned to play with his buds.
ugh.
I have a feeling he's going to give me reassuring face pats a lot in life.

It felt SO good knowing he was going to be with some of his best preschool friends.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

love the picture of "the boys" but it made me sad again. get a grip meghan. :)