Monday, January 28, 2008

Book worm

Last week Lauren said, Mommy, I'm going to read a book to you. I said ok and figured she'd make up a story as we paged through a book.
I was amazed when my little Lauren started reading the book word for word, sounding out the big words and breezing through the small ones.
I kept quiet until she was done quite awhile later. I said, Lauren Elaine! You know how to read! When did that happen!?
She informed me that she's known for awhile, but mostly just on the school books - which I figured out are small books that are largely repetitive.

We'll they've created a reading monster. She can't get enough. She tries to read everything and is reading to Avery and Sully.

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!

Here she is with the first 'real' book (her words) she ever read to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she always has been amazing and so yearning to learn. mom