Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Lemonade

Just a funny story for Jordan and I to remember...

Last night on the way home from some shopping Avery was complaining that she was SO thirsty! The only thing we had was some Sprite. Our kids are not allowed to drink pop - it is a hard and fast rule we stick to. However, this Sprite was very watered down and unfizzy and Avery was near meltdown. So Jordan told her it was lemonade and put some in a cup for her.

She drank it and said, "Lauren have you had lemonade? You should try it, it sticks to your tongue!"

Jordan and I cracked up. Apparently she isn't used to the syrupiness and sweetness of pop!

What will I do when everyday conversations aren't this fun?

1 comment:

Heather said...

That's funny! My kids aren't allowed to have pop either (never mind the fact that I am a diet pepsi addict). I have let them both try it knowing they wouldn't like it and Creighton said, "ewww, it's SPICY!" Apparently, they were turned off enough that they have never asked for it again and they are 9 and 5 years old. I am glad I'm not the only 'pop denying' mom out there!