Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My favorite Christmas present

I somehow forgot to write about this. My brother Brian and his family live in Pennsylvania and we didn't get to see them over Christmas. But Brian sent us each the most perfect gift.

He spent what must have been weeks putting together a list of stories and all the quirky, unique, crazy sayings that my dad always said and he had them bound for us. It is 10 pages and the font is not small. And so on after we opened them we spent a long time sitting together, laughing, crying and remembering. Then we started adding to the list. It is amazing how many more we were able to come up with! He had a lot of quirks!

He wrote about the time he and my mom played a joke on my dad with the remote control. They had an extra remote and didn't tell him. They would change the channel on him every now and then. Sometimes they'd even sneak outside and do it from the window! My dad even went so far as to call the cable company to complain. We weren't able to 'get him' real often so this story is a family favorite.

Brian also told about the last time he saw my dad and how they told each other they loved each other...their last words to each other actually before my mom and dad left on their trip to California.

So many wonderful memories. Thank you Brian, I cant thank you enough and I know that I will cherish this book for the rest of my life!