Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sullivan's Adventures

I just discovered some notes from Rosanna in my email. I'm so glad she writes this down for us. She is an amazing blessing to us.




Saturday, January 5, 2008

Dear Daddy and Mommy,

Rosanna says that I was quite a little rascal today. But then she also said that I was the cutest rascal she ever met, so that makes my orneriness okay, doesn't it? All morning long, I entertained myself by stealing toys from Lauren and Avery just so I could listen to them scream! It was sure fun! Sometimes that little game got boring so I would go sit on the cat to make her meow, instead. Rosanna said I was hurting her and she made me stop, but I don't think that was very fair because Izzy could have run away if she didn't like it so I think she secretly enjoys my torture a lot.

Then, right after I woke up from my nap, Grandma Barb came and took Lauren home with her. Half an hour later, Grandma Cindy came and Avery left, too. At first, I was really excited to have Rosanna all to myself. She sat on the living room floor with me and we played with cars for a long time. Then I took her hand and pulled her all around the house pointing to things and jabbering the entire time. I know she's not intelligent enought to understand everything I was telling her, but at least she smiled a lot and gave me her undivided attention during our little tour. In the play room, I started to get into some of Lauren and Avery's things that I know I'm not supposed to touch, but it just wasn't very much fun without them here to stop me. So I decided to color a picture instead. I told Rosanna all about what I was drawing, but she couldnt understand a word of what I was saying so I'll have to explain it to you myself when you get home. I was so proud of it when I finished that Rosanna hung it on the refrigerator for you to see.

After I finished my picture, I decided it was time to play a game. The past few days, Avery and Rosanna have been playing a lot of hide-and-seek so I know how to play it now. So I took Rosanna to the corner and said "count, count, count" until she started. Then I ran and hid under Dad's computer desk. Only hiding isn't really that much fun and I don't like just sitting quietly so every time Rosanna walked into the room, I would push the chair out and start screaming so she would be sure to find me!! It was really fun, and I wanted to keep playing it over and over again.

I'm so glad that I'm big enough to feed myslef now because it's a lot easier to get messy! Tonight at supper, I smeared lots of pizza sauce in my hair so then I got to take a bath before bed. I had so much fun splashing around in the tub and making goofy faces for Rosanna to laugh at. I was innocently filling a plastic cup with water when I noticed that Rosanna wasn't paying very much attention to me. I opened my mouth to scream or something, but then I had a much better idea... SPLASH!! I threw the whole cup of water all over her! And that sure got her attention. :) But then she got back at me a little while later when she showed me how to squeeze the penguins tummy to make water squirt out of his mouth. I stared at it carefully as I squeezed it, and it squirted me right in the face!! I jumped and screamed in surprise... and that Rosanna just sat there and laughed at me!!

After my bath, I decided to be a big boy and get dressed all by myself. That didn't work out very well, but I still didn't want Rosanna to help me so I ran and hid under the sink so she couldn't find me! Unfortunately, she saw me, anyway. When I was finally dressed for bed, I still had lots of energy left and I was ready for some more excitement so Rosanna brought me downstairs and I helped her pick up all my cars that were scattered around the living room. I even helped pick up some of Lauren's and Avery's toys that they forgot to clean up before they left. Rosanna was so proud of me for being a big helper that she let me cuddle with her on the couch and read some books before bed.

It was sure a fun day! I can't wait to see what excitment will come up tomorrow. I hope you're having a wonderful time in Galena.

Love,

Sullivan Joseph

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love that she does that for you guys! That is the sweetest thing to read. Seriously just like sully wrote it!

Andrea Dellit said...

this is so adorable...I could see Sully standing there "reading" it to you