Friday, November 14, 2008

Thank goodness for Birthdays

Really if it were not for my kids' birthday parties there are certain areas of my home that would likely never get cleaned or organized. Its sad I know but there is only so much time in the day and I only have so many hands.

Lauren's birthday and party are tomorrow...so that means today is a mad cleaning day. I have organized some things that have been sitting since Tess was born and I've cleaned better than I have in quite awhile. Sad, I know...still, its getting done and it feels so good.

I love my kids' birthdays. I love making them feel like they are the most special kid in the world. I love talking to them about the day they were born and about the things I love about them that make them who they are. I love reminiscing about when they were 'little'. Its just plain fun.

Last night we had Lauren open her presents from us. Her main present was a new 'grown-up' bible. She LOVES it and is reading away in it.

Tomorrow our house will be filled with 9 giggling 1st graders for a butterfly birthday. We are all excited. Yeah for the age SEVEN. I truly am loving this stage.

No comments: