Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Tree

I stole this idea from another blog. (Unfortunately I check too many to even remember where I stole it from to give any credit.) I thought it might help the kids understand the reason we have Thanksgiving and help them understand the uncountable blessings that we have in our life.

They really got into it and we had a lot of fun with it.
Lauren was thankful for things she said other people might not have; family, a bed, water, food, a house.
Avery was thankful for her grandmas, her friends and my parent's old dog, Maggie. I have no idea where that came from, Maggie has been dead for 2 years. I didn't know Avery even remembered her!
Sullivan REALLY was loving telling me what he was thankful for but he kept coming back to two things...he was really thankful for the leaves that he could color on and the tree that he could tape them to. It doesn't take much to make a two year old happy!

I think this will be a good tradition for us. They could have gone on listing their blessings all afternoon if I'd have continued to cut out the leaves!



(And thanks Melanie for making the tree!)