Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So Long Preschool

Today was Avery's last day of preschool.
She told me that she is 'officially' a kindergartner. (You'd be so proud, I didn't cry at that.)

Everyday after school Lauren waits for Avery at the preschool building.
Then they wait for me to step out of our house and motion them to cross the street.

They always hold hands...

Until they start racing...

And they are awesome friends.
I see their friendship sticking. For life.
They are really good for each other because they are so different.
Just the way good friends should be together.

And I got this special treat today...
I've mentioned before that I can see our Elementary playground from my window.
Its close enough that I can pick out my kids.
Today Avery's preschool class got to try out the 'big kid' equipment and as they were wrapping up Lauren's class came running out for recess.
I happened to look out at the right moment and see this:
They spotted each other and Lauren ran over to Avery. They gave each other a big hug and then Lauren patted her head and went to play as Avery was getting in line.

I really like knowing that they will always have a friend on the playground.
I love it.
Now if they'd just stay 8 and 5.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

isn't that great - Jasmine in Kindg & Marissa in 2nd grade have had lunch and recess together and they have enjoyed seeing each other and comforted each during the first trying times of starting school in Nov. so that really blessed us.

Ellie said...

Exactly why I have always wanted a sister! So sweet!

mama barb said...

You are truly blessed, and thus, so am I!!!
Mama Barb