Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Vacuum help

I've waited as long as I could wait...but my vacuum is going to the vacuum graveyard.

And of course I thought I'd ask all of you for suggestions in its replacement.

We have mostly hard wood on the main floor with area rugs. I vacuum the hard wood as much as anything else so I need a vacuum that can get really low. Our carpet upstairs has a fairly long knap...(is that what its called? spelled?). Basically it needs to be able to cover it all...

Also, I don't want to spend an arm and a leg cause its a vacuum for crying out loud.

So if you have anything wonderful to say about your vacuum please comment or email me!

thanks!

6 comments:

Cassie said...

i would suggest getting a good quality one, but buy it used.
i have a used oreck and LOVE it.
that's my suggestion.
i don't know how it does on wood. i use a swiffer for wood...

Cassie said...

you can buy the used orecks at oreck stores. just google it.
:)

Trina said...

I love our dyson...but unfortunately it might cost you at least an arm. Every other vacuum we've had never did a good job though.

Shannon/Jodi said...

I love our Dyson, too. It's pricey, but comes with a 5 year warranty. I've had the hose and switch replaced in the 3+ years I've had mine, but we use it A LOT. Free repairs are great.

It has both carpet and hard floor settings, but I generally just leave it on carpet, even when I'm doing the hardwood.

It's relatively lightweight for taking up and down stairs.

Ellie said...

I have an Orek and it is awesome on our wood floors and carpet. And a new one will cost you both an arm and a leg....so yes, look for used if you can!

Tisha said...

Dysons are nice! Mine eventually broke and I was so sad. Now my floors are very dirty. :)