Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday

Daddy brought home the best surprise last night!
A huge cardboard box!
He walked in the house with at midnight last night and I said, uh, how did you get that home, didn't you ride your bike to work?
Yep, he did. And the thing is huge. All the kids can fit in it at the same time.
He said the kids out at midnight last night got a good laugh about it!

We used it for our craft project after school today.
These four were thrilled!

I'll be the first to admit that my patience was low today and my fuse short.
Just one of those days.

But they bring me so low.
Make me feel so ungrateful and selfish.

Because look at how I spend my days and look at who I call mine.
Yep, blessed.
That's me.

And as I was standing in the locker room at the pool waiting for them to change before we headed home I was about in tears. They were all giggling and laughing as they changed in side by side stalls. Just being kids. And so darn cute.
But many times that's what causes me to get frustrated - that they act like kids!
And so I snapped this picture...to remember how cute they were in there. And how much at that moment I wanted them to stay 'kids' forever.

And then I look over and this one is sitting there looking at me like this.
She was giggling at them being funny in the stalls.

And so that's how we left the pool.
Them all laughing and happy...dragging weeping mommy behind them.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

so dang sweet...

mama barb said...

beautiful!!
mama barb

Tisha said...

Oh my. I can so relate!!

Courtney said...

i can relate...thanks for making me feel normal!