Thursday, July 15, 2010

Well, that was new...

I get a lot of interesting/funny/rude comments when I am out in public with my kids and my rather pregnant belly.

I THINK some are meant to be compliments. Some I know are not. And some are just observations that probably were not meant to be spoken out loud.

Apparently 'larger' families are a kind of circus for other people to get entertainment out of.

I dont mind.

Really.

I find it all comical and somehow it makes me feel even more blessed.

But today, well today took the cake.

The kids and I were checking out at Wal-mart and the clerk was really studying the kids.

She then noticed my stomach and said, "So you are going to have 5 kids, huh?"

"Yep, this fall," I responded.

She took this information in like it was nothing.

A couple of minutes later she looks at me and says, "So they've all got the same daddy?"

I'm pretty sure my chin dropped completely to the floor. I'm pretty sure I heard it hit.

Until I started laughing.

(By the way, the guy in line behind me was laughing HYSTERICALLY!)

"Yes," I responded, "they all have 'the same daddy'."

And her response....

"Wow!"

wow.

wow.

Who knew we were so unique.

10 comments:

Choose Joy said...

That made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing;)

Sarah Guild said...

jonathan was quite in awe of your family but I think partly because of the ratio of girls to boys. :) we have so many boys on both sides of the family that I think thought it amazing that sully would have a sister let alone three of them. A friend once told me that he thought it vital for our society that good parents have lots of kids... So that seems to fit for you :)

D G Curren said...

That is AWESOME! Laughing out loud!!!

ScrappinFabBetty said...

Oh my, that is funny...and sad all at the same time.

yoderyears said...

Ok...that is HILARIOUS even for the 2nd time! So wish I could have seen your face.

Meghan said...

I laughed all day about that one! Great!!!

Happilyoutnumbered said...

Too funny! My favorite comment so far, while venturing out with all my kids is

"were they all planned?"

Really, who asks that? I wonder if it was the same lady?

Beth said...

I'm dying laughing. Oh my word!

Tisha said...

Ha!!! That's the best!

Courtney said...

wow.
thanks for the laugh...