Thursday, January 13, 2011

Add it to the list...

We took the kids to watch the junior high basketball game tonight to support the coach - Papa Dennis.

We've gone before and I typically feel like I am parading my children through many bulging eyes. We are kind of spectacle. And we normally get lots of nice comments and encouragement.

Tonight's was hilarious.

This older woman grabbed my arm as I was bringing up the caboose of our train of family.
She says, 'Are you the mother of ALL THESE children?'
I proudly responded, 'Yep!'
She said, 'How many are there?'
I told her, 'We have 5.'
'Really!!' say says, 'It looks like more...'

That was when I burst out laughing.

When I reached Jordan I told her what she said and he said, 'You should have told her it FEELS like more.'

I could really write a book on all the funny/rude/shocking comments our brood brings out. Honestly, I love it. It keeps me laughing.

And really, its only 5.

We could have like 17 or something...

5 comments:

Tisha said...

I hear ya! Maybe we could work together and be co-authors...since neither of us has time to write a whole book on the subject. :)

Trina said...

Thought about your story from Walmart the other day...a co-worker of mine told me about a patient that said he had 15 children. My comment was "all with the same lady?" It really was! I met them later and congratulated his wife - quite impressive!

Kylie said...

I still love the Walmart story too... I frequently share that one. And it would be totally justified to say it feels like more... with only Jackson it feels like 3 to me...

Happilyoutnumbered said...

That is so funny! We get lots of stares with just 4 kids....when we go to wrestling meets, I can feel all the eyes on us! Then, when I lose control of them...I really feel people looking! We provide lots of entertainment in our high school gym.:) And really, it's only 5....

Andrea Dellit said...

Oh my gosh...what the heck? Didn't people used to have like 7, 8 and 9 kids? Older people especially shouldn't be shocked :)