Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Ballet

Last night we took Lauren and Avery to the Russian Ballet Company's Sleeping Beauty!

They have been waiting almost a month for this night...ever since they opened the tickets at Christmas.
And I have been waiting ever since September when I purchased the tickets!

It was SO fun to take the 'big' girls out and concentrate on them.
Just the four of us.
And it reminded me that while I don't want any of my kids to grow up - doing older kid stuff is SUPER fun. And having real conversations with them is the best.

And while I'm biased...I have to say, these two are about the most beautiful girls I can imagine.


They were so excited for every part of the night...from dressing up, to dinner out with just us, to arriving at the art center, to actually watching the ballet. I think they could have just walked around the art center with us and been perfectly happy actually! They were so sweet and thankful and adorable and fun.
I went to the ballet once as a grade schooler and Jordan had never been. We both agreed that we were happy to have gone but would probably not choose to go again...I like words! :)
But the costumes were beautiful, the dancing fantastic and the music was great. We were in the fourth row and if we had been any closer I'm pretty sure the dancers sweat would have been on us...not kidding.
The girls loved it and their eyes were in awe...watching
them made it totally worth the $ for me.
But I think even they'd admit it got a little long after 2.5 hours!

I'm so proud of these two and so happy I get to call them mine!