Friday, January 28, 2011

What a week!

I spent the week in DSM taking my last two real estate license courses.

I drove home each night...I. AM. FRIED.

But it was a good week and I am excited to get started!!!

Our mom's and Rosanna took care of the kids while I was gone each day and Jordan had to handle the morning and supper routine...quite the change for our family.

I can tell you this...there is no way I could work a 'real' job anymore. We did not function well this week. Tess struggled, I dont know if I said more than hello and good night to Avery, Lauren's homework slacked and Sully played way too much DS. And we ate horribly. ugh.

And I MISSED MY KIDS! Terribly. I am so thankful that I get to stay home with them!!!!

Here are some other random discoveries/observations from the crazy week:
* Not everyone has a good understanding of the term 'professional attire'. Ladies, low cut jeans with 'whale tales' are not appropriate in any setting. Honestly.
*shopping in Target is SUPER fun when I'm all alone!
*driving alone and rocking out to the radio is also SUPER fun and therapeutic!
*I love Tracy Chapman...it doesn't get much better than 'Fast Car'
*we produce enough laundry in one week to bury a small town. Its ridiculous
*I saw a newborn in a restaurant this week and literally almost cried. Its a very weird sensation knowing I wont have another one of those. I'm trying to come to terms with it. Its gonna take awhile.
*Torrance is an awesome baby...and I want her to stay 3 months old. FOREVER!!!!!
*I have always had a deep love for Dr. Pepper. This week I finally admitted to myself that I really don't like it anymore. VERY WEIRD!
*I cry watching the movie Enchanted when Giselle and Robert dance at the ball.
*I am crying right now watching HSM3 with Lauren and Avery.
*God's hand is so involved in the direction our family is moving and I love it. Its a great feeling knowing you are following His lead. I see exciting things ahead.
*Im an emotional sap. And I tear up a lot. I never did this when I was younger...its very annoying. Seriously I cried at Enchanted and HSM...who am I?!?!

Happy Weekend!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but "rocking out" and listening to country music just don't go in the same sentence. Is your tractor still sexy?

Beckysblog said...

I am so much fun I love to rock out to all genres...from Def Leopard to Tracy Chapman and yes, a little Kenny Chesney too and perhaps some Green Day and Casting Crowns thrown in there too!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are so cool! I'm down with Green Day, just no turning it to country when I'm in the car!

Kylie said...

Becky, you should've stayed at our house and skipped the drive back and forth! Although, sometimes I know it's necessary...

Amy said...

I must have missed something. Are you going into real estate? And I've been trying to figure out what "Whale Tales" are. I think I have an idea...

ScrappinFabBetty said...

I too am wondering what whales tales are...haven't heard that one!!

Beckysblog said...

I just cant describe 'whale tail'. Look it up in wikipedia! I'm sure you are imagining it correctly. :)