Monday, May 30, 2011

The happy couple

I love weddings.
I love studying the bride and groom and their expressions.
My favorite moment of all weddings is when the groom sees the bride for the first time...especially when they do not see each other during pictures which was the case for Robert and Jen.
I almost missed this moment because of Miss Contessa...but I did get to see it from the very back...
You can see in these pictures just how happy they were...

I really think they might have been one of the most excited and joyful couples I've ever seen get married...kind of like kids in a candy store and it was so fun to watch them.

Some of my favorite quotes from the night:
1. Robert 'Even better than getting married this weekend would be to be perpetually ABOUT TO get married.' (isnt that the truth? That lead up to your wedding is about the most fun week or two ever!)
2. During the reception our kids were running everywhere...and I heard Robert say to Jen, 'Jen, isnt this perfect? Its just like I hoped it would...people running around, kids laughing!'
It made me feel so happy to know that he was happy...

The above and below pictures are my 2 favorite. I love the look of complete happiness on Jen's face. And the sheepish look on Robert's face that I know means he's embarrassingly happy.

Again with the ridiculous happiness.
And there is a story behind this frame on their table...
You cant read it but...

My brothers and I each gave a toast. My brothers' toasts were all funny - making fun of Robert and adding in nice things about him too. Made me sad for Sully that he doesn't get a brother. But I remind myself that he'll get brother-in-laws like I got awesome sister-in-laws on both sides!

Anyway, my story. So when it was my turn to give my toast I was prepared.
Long ago, June 26, 2004 to be exact Robert wrote on a piece of paper and signed it that
1. he would NEVER get married
&
2. he would NEVER have children
(It is funny to note that he did this after witnessing us bring child #2 home from the hospital and viewing the chaos!)

Anyway, I unwrapped this framed piece of paper and presented it to Jen and held out my hand to Robert who owed me $50 for breaking the first part of this covenant!
It was very, very fun!
And Robert knew it was coming from one of us at some point...but he never knew WHO actually had kept it and he didnt know WHEN it was going to come out...so it was fun to present it when everyone could witness his embarrassment and the look on his Father-in-laws face!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE the frame! That is so neat that you kept that! What a fun thing to present to him! :) Love all the pictures and the joy that is obvious when you are with your family! You all look great! :)

RtotheE said...

Such beautiful photos, Becks. And, yeah, thanks again to both you and Jordan for reminding me about my most important change of hearts: I think I only threw $40 bucks at you guys during the toast, so I stil owe you ten bucks. I should do with that ten bucks what I thought of doing with the full fifty: changing it into pennies and then dumping them all on your living room floor. :-) Thanks for all the wedding memories; I'm going to share these posts with Jen's family.