Monday, May 30, 2011

The Wedding and the Botanical Garden

The wedding was at the Buffalo Botanical Garden.

Here you can see part of the outside with this gorgeous couple in front.
(wink wink)

Its hard to describe but the whole place is pieced together by brick walk ways and bridges. And its kind of laid out like a bicycle wheel inside a bicycle wheel.

The string quartet was set up down one of the spokes just outside the center circle.
The ceremony took place in the center circle...the bride walking down one of the spokes and the guests seated inside the circle and in the other spokes then outside of all that was the food and seating for the reception. It was all kind of like a circular maze - otherwise known as paradise for small kids and a nightmare for parents thinking their kids might drown in a random pond, creek or well!

But it was a beautiful setting and simply perfect for pictures.


And these are just a few of my other favorite pictures at the garden.

You know how normally the ring bearer carries a pillow with fake rings?
Well, not this time...this time it seemed like a good idea to have SULLIVAN carry the real rings. I was so terrified he was going to drop them in one of the ponds.
But he didn't -- he completed his job with no incident.

We tried to find my 'little' brother Jordan a future wife while we were there...but no such luck.
Cant imagine why with those dance moves!

He and Sully had a competition to see who was more of a ladies man.
Uh, Sully won!

And this is just so my family.
Robert had been carrying Contessa and her shoes were dirty.
So of course, dirt got on his tux.
And as you can tell...none of his siblings felt sorry for him or offered to help.
But if you know Stacie you can tell by this picture that it is just killing her.

Pretty girls before the wedding.

People often tell me that Avery looks like me.
I rarely see it.
But when I look at this picture...wow, I see it.
She is my family.
Makes me happy.

And she's about 125% Jordan...or his sisters.
And that makes me really happy too!

Really he looked so good in that black suit.
That made me pretty happy as well!

And my brothers...my oldest brother Jeff was unable to attend.
So this picture is about 90% perfection for me.
Seriously, I love them so much it hurts.

I love that losing my dad made us closer.

I love that we laugh and give each other a hard time 99% of the time we are together...and the other 1% we are probably fighting.

And really, we are all pretty darn cute or at least really happy in this picture.
Robert (2nd youngest), me (smack in the middle), Jordan (youngest), Nick (3rd oldest), Joe (3rd youngest), Brian (2nd oldest - we dont get to see him very often either so this was just so fun and of course, way too short.)

And well it just seemed like a good opportunity to throw Robert into a pond.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

WOW!! Gorgeous wedding! You all looked so great :)