Tuesday, October 04, 2011

in just 3 short weeks

Torrance is 11 months old.
When the calendar flipped to October it hit me that this was my last month with a baby in my house.
That soon she'd technically be a toddler or something.
I could tell you how I feel about that but I'm sure you can already guess.

She wants to grow up.
She does big things.
She is a dare devil.
Found her here.
Super.

She has discovered that cups are fun.

Also found her here.
Even more super.

She likes to play doll house.
Only her role is 'attack of the giant killer baby'
And no one likes it but her.
But man she finds it funny!

Truly this girl...she lights up my days.
She's my only one I've ever been home with full time from the beginning.
I have an ache in my heart about her becoming 'big'.
But I also know that there are some really fun things coming.
And I love seeing her involved in the mix with her older siblings and I know that will get easier and easier. There are some very fun and very new things on the horizon for us...its just that when you've basically had a baby in your house for 10 years - learning to let that go isn't goign to be easy!

So I'm soaking all of this in while I can.
And taking like 456 pictures this month.
Because I do not want to forget how it felt to stare into this tiny face.

3 comments:

Happilyoutnumbered said...

I get it...it's hard! But so exciting to think about all the fun to come!

Ellie said...

Becky she is truly a little doll. I love her and her spunky attitude!!

Andrea Dellit said...

Great pictures! She's adorable.