Sunday, October 23, 2011

update

This was not the birthday weekend that I had envisioned for Torrance. We've had a number of bright spots including Tori's adorable performance with her cake, carving pumpkins and supper by the fire pit but the smiles and fun were definetly strained with the lingering sickies and fatigue of everyone.

I tell you...if this bug comes knocking at your door kick it right out. Because its a doozie and it tends to linger.

Just because someday I will look back on this and laugh...I hope:
Jordan and I: We are back to feeling well. For me it wasn't until yesterday afternoon that I really would say I had at least semi-normal energy back. Now if I could just get a decent night of sleep!

Lauren: 100% better as of yesterday. She thinks she was all better Friday...but I could see on her face that the girl was dog tired and drained.

Avery: I let her play in her soccer game yesterday and afterwards I was worried that had been a big mistake. But after a bit of down time she bounced right back and had a wonderful day. She's back to normal.

Sullivan: Had a really great day yesterday but by about 5:30 last night was really fading. His voice went completely hoarse and he was totally wiped. He was falling asleep in Jordan's lap by our fire pit long before bedtime. He requires a lot of sleep anyway so extra rest is all he needs I am sure. He's doing great today but you can hear all the 'gunk' in his chest.

Contessa: Had a rough day and a long nap yesterday. I was hopeful she would wake up feeling much better. The poor thing has had the bug 2 full days longer than anyone else. No luck...she woke up with a fever and puked at about 7:30. ugh. It has moved into her chest and she is full of yuck. She has not eaten anything of substance in days. Luckily she is really doing great with her fluids. She plays normally even with a fever of 102. It takes a lot to stop that girl of mine. The temp of 104 did it a couple of days ago but not for long. I'm really praying that this is the last day for her

Torrance: Oh my poor birthday girl. Yesterday was not a fun day for the poor thing. She did not nap the entire day...her typical day involves about 4 hours of naps. She made a great rebound late in the afternoon and we did her cake and presents and it was exactly what I was hoping for...the pictures are perfect. However she went downhill fast after that and woke up in the night burning up and vomiting. I had Dr. Trina listen to her lungs last night and she said they were 'full'. She has the world's worst cough. I'm really hoping we can hold out till tomorrow to go to the dr. and see our pediatrician but a trip to Urgent Care might be in store for us today.

No comments: