Sunday, October 02, 2011

Another week

Honestly, how do these weeks continue to pass so quickly.
I was lucky to have a girls weekend away these past few days with Melanie & Amy.
It was fun and so good to talk and laugh.
I can admit that I was really in need of a break.
And Im so so happy that I got it!

The sad part was that this trip was supposed to include more friends...but Thursday one of our friends suddenly lost her father-in-law, her husband lost his dad, and their children lost grandpa. Our hearts are broken for them.

And it forces us to think about losing our own dad/father-in-law/grandpa. The shock and grief of that day for us came rushing back and having that fresh scab ripped off hurts so much. We are hurting and praying for our friends and reliving it in our own hearts.
Its just so hard. So very hard.

And then these pictures. For some reason I was in my 2007 folder tonight.

Avery is 2.5 here.
Are you kidding me?
Look at that precious head. And those sweet feet.
I miss that 2.5 year old.

And Lauren is 5 here.
FIVE!
That just isnt right.
Look at that sweetness.

And this is Sully at 1.
Hysterical.
And my word he looks just like Tori!
I miss my tiny boy...he doesn't fit in my lap anymore...he's becoming gangly!

One thing I know...my blessings surround me.
Simply everywhere I look.

No comments: