Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy, Happy Valentine's Day!

Its Valentine's Day!
We love Valentine's Day in our house. 
Lots of the day is cheesy and commercialized. 
But you dont have to make it that way. 
I love taking a day to make sure each of my Valentine's know how much I love them. 
I love dressing myself and them in red and pink. 
I love taking time out to celebrate love!

And with these adorable kids and my main Valentine how couldn't I?




And never forget that we can celebrate the greatest love of all on this day. 
The love of our Savior for us. 

The bible is full of love. 
The love He gave when He died for SINNERS. 

John 3:16
'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. 
That whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.'
He gave HIS SON!

Romans 8:38-39
'For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels no demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.'
That's some pretty powerful love! Stronger than anything. 

Matthew 10:29-31
'Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.'
He knows the number of hairs on my head...no one else can say that!

Romans 5:8
'But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.'
He loved us first. He loved us as sinners. 


Zephaniah 3:17 
'The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; 
He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing.'
He rejoices in me! He sings about me! 


And I always think of this hymn when I want to feel wrapped in His love.
His love that cannot fail, cannot disappoint, cannot hurt me. 
His PERFECT love. 

HOW DEEP THE FATHER'S LOVE FOR US
'How deep the Father's love for us. How vast beyond all measure.
That He should give His only Son and make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss. The Father turns His face away. 
As wounds which mar the Chosen One bring many sons to glory. 
Behold the man upon the cross, my sin upon His shoulder. 
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice, call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there until it was accomplished. 
His dying breath has brought me life, I know that it is finished. 
I will not boast in anything, no gifts, no power, no wisdom 
But I will boast in Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection. 
Why should I gain from His reward, I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart His wounds have paid my ransom.'

Happy Valentine's Day!