Thursday, February 02, 2012

so long friend

Awhile back our 'city guys' hinted that they'd be taking down one of the large, mature trees in front of our house. I took it so well that when the day arrived, today, they went and told Jordan at work instead of knocking on my door again. 

One of the reasons I wanted our house was due to all the large, mature trees in the neighborhood. I love driving down our street and being fully covered by their branches full of leaves. 
But sadly its not going to be that way. 

I had to take a picture to document this travesty but I had to do it from inside because I didn't want to have to go out there and try to be friendly to them!

This is what we're left with.
Pretty.

Our new view. 
Just sad. 

Yes, the tree was sick and dying. 
But it was still producing green leaves in the summer and I think it could have waited a couple more years. And I'll forgive the 'city guys'...eventually.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain! It is so hard to lose a mature tree! And your street is so pretty with its canopy of trees. Although, that makes two now that have come down! How sad!!

mama barb said...

I hate when any tree is cut down, my dad taught me so very long ago to cherish them but also that there are times, as with us, when they ate finished, the Lord knows,. we can only grieve, they are worth it and then let go...better than landing on your home!!!
mama barb