Saturday, May 24, 2008

hair

I am not a hair person. I grew up with six brothers, we didn't do hair. I have a vivid memory of my mom getting called out for an EMS run following my bath when I was about 5. It was either my dad or my oldest brother - 15 at the time - who were left to brush out my very long, very thick hair. Somehow my brother won the prize. It was awful - for both of us as well as for anyone within hearing distance. I remember waking up the next morning and my mom's mouth dropping open when she looked at me. It was bad.
And that was as close to 'doing hair' as we got in my house.

So, this was a real bright idea - I decided to do Lauren's hair for her dance recital tonight - all by myself. I just spent an hour on it. I actually think it looks ok but its lopsided. Also, it took much less time than I thought. We don't leave for recital for like 3 hours. Hopefully it holds up. I dont think I'll attempt this again! :)

No comments: