Sunday, May 18, 2008

I see light...

I think it was about a week ago that I said I couldnt see the light at the end but at least I knew I was in a tunnel.
Well after 3.5 days of solid work. I can see the light. Its still only a sliver, but its a light. Many thanks to my mom for watching the kids so much and to Melanie who is helping me repaint my kitchen cupboards - and who keeps assuring me that they will look perfect when we are finished - 6 coats from now! :)

The kitchen ceiling is up. Steve comes back tomorrow to finish up a couple of must haves before the flooring goes into 4 rooms on Thursday and Friday. The windows should be completed in a week I hope. Im excited for the phase that hopefully will start in one week - moving furniture back in and decorating.

Jordan was videotaping the kids tonight and he asked me how many rooms on the first floor of our house were functional. I said 3 out of 6. So then he videoed the LVR which is currently covered in an air mattress, (where the girls had to sleep because of paint fumes), bedding and plates and food because it is also our kitchen/dining room. Then he videoed the dining room which is COVERED in toys and this computer so I then changed my story and said the bathroom was the only functioning room downstairs. The kitchen has no table, no cupboard doors and no drawers. The den is an empty room except for tools and Steve's big equipment - but at least it is painted and ready for me to clean. The girls new room has no carpet and is currently full of cupboard doors and drawers drying. But it is painted and SO cute.

We moved upstairs. The bathroom is TORN APART. The girls' bedroom and Sully's room are cramed with furntiure and other junk. Our bedroom is the room where anything goes that we dont know what to do with. So basically no functioning rooms up there either. Somehow all that has to be combined into either Sully or our bedroom by Wed. night so the flooring can go into the girls' room and the bathroom the next day. Also, the girls have to have somewhere to sleep so I guess they'll be on the air mattress again.

I am just laughing at this point. Last night I was painting cupboards and I started crying - just out of tiredness. Today I am laughing. And I know if I weren't crying/laughing about this; I'd likely be in hysterics about being 8 months pregnant right now. So this is a good thing! Really!! My body is so sore and worn but I did take a nap today and that helped a ton.

Seriously though I am very excited for the next couple of weeks and getting this wrapped up. I feel very sorry for people who live through renovations that take months - this is nothing compared to that. I feel blessed that we've had the opportunity to do this. We are going to really enjoy it when we are done. And then I'll have a month to wash baby clothes and prepare for Dirks #6. Wow, that seems unbelieveable!!! :)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

i cannot WAIT to see it!!!
AND BABY, TOO!! :)