Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Recital

With all the happenings this weekend I almost forgot to blog about Lauren's dance recital...it seems like it was weeks ago instead of a few days ago.

Lauren did a fantastic job. She struggled her way through her solo - it was the routine she knew the least. Her tap duet # was so adorable. She tapped to Elvis' Teddybear. And it was wonderful. I dont think anything beats when she makes eye contact with me from stage and flashes a real Lauren smile for me. Her big group number was fun to watch as well.

The girl just loves to perform for an audience. I really have no idea where she gets that from. Its not me! I asked her before one number, "Honey are you nervous?" She looked at my like I was nuts and said, "Nope, excited!" Although when I hugged her before rushing back to my seat I could feel her little heart beating at about 200 beats per minute. After that number she said, "Mommy, I just prayed that Jesus would help me dance, and He did!" Oh how I love her sweet heart.

The night was a little bittersweet however. For a few months Lauren has been telling us that she does not want to do dance next year. We have to drive to another town for the lessons and it takes up an entire night each week. She gets home from school, quickly eats supper and we are gone and not back till bedtime. I think she is tired of that. So I guess with this recital we are hanging up her dancing shoes. If you would have told me 2 years ago that I'd be sad about that, I would have called you a liar. But I truly am sad. She is so fun to watch...but I wont be the pushy mom who makes her do something.

Hopefully I can post some pictures here one of these days!

No comments: