Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Red Light Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we are stopped at a red light Avery loves to tell me when it turns green and I can go. Sullivan has recently joined in the fascination of the traffic light.
Until today I didnt think he really knew what the lights meant - just that they are fun to point out. As we approach a light and he'll yell out, Green light! Red Light!

Keep in mind that to Sullivan - everything is blue. What color is your shirt Sully? Blue. What color is mommy's hair Sully? Blue. The world is blue to Sullivan.

Today we were approaching a green light and Sullivan was looking at the light for traffic going the other direction - which of course was red.
He started screaming frantically - Red Light Mommy! Red Light! Avery joined in - she turned and saw the red light for the other direction too. They were both screaming at me to stop.

Now Avery is almost four. She can understand the concept. But seriously, Sullivan understands that I need to stop at a red light?

Anyway, it was very cute. As I slowly turned the corner I explained that they were looking at the wrong light and that my light had been green.

Sullivan says, Ok, mommy. From the back seat. His tone was like, whatever, crazy woman driver.

No comments: