Sunday, February 01, 2009

7 months

I have to get this down before I sit down for the night.

Contessa turned 7 months old today. Hard to believe.
She is really just so much fun for our family.

Here's what she's up to:
- doing some strange crawling technique that gets her where she wants to go. Its a cross between just rolling and rolling and an inchworm. I find myself saying, 'How did you get there?' a lot.
- her favorite toys are baby sized spoons and any type of paper that crinkles
- she loves baby food, especially veggies. She wants to eat everything we eat. She eats potatoes and bread a lot. And I normally mash up the veggies on my plate and feed those to her as well. And watch out if you have a french fry...she is going to get it.
-she can hold her own bottle but I don't condone that!
- she sleeps very well. 10-11 hours, going to bed at 9 or a little earlier.
- she also naps wonderfully now - THANK GOODNESS! That was a hard six months getting her there! She typically takes 2 per day. One for 1.5 hours in the am and 2-3 hours in the afternoon. We try to just keep her up through the evening so she goes to bed when the other kids do. from time to time she'll wake up earlier than normal - like at 6 or 6:30 and then she'll drink her bottle and go back to sleep for a three hours - if she does that she doesn't really take a morning nap. She can also go with out a nap which helps a lot with our crazy schedules!
- when she has the chance she still loves her time with just Jordan and I. And so do we.
- she's getting some 'stranger danger'. She knows now when someone other than mommy and daddy have her. If its a face she isn't real sure of she cries, if its someone she knows a little she kind of pushes away from them and tries to get us back.
- she reaches her arms up for us to pick her up - I love that! Its one of my favorite things that little babies do.
- she smiles the prettiest and the biggest for daddy. But I'd have to say that of all our kids...she probably shows favorites the least...the others saved all their great smiles for him! This time I get some of them too!
-she LOVES music. It doesn't matter what the tune is...she starts bobbing her head and moving her body. It is adorable. I love it!
- Jordan believes she is perfect. He would tell you she is never fussy, she only smiles and she is the best baby in the world...He's close...but not exact! ;)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

i loved reading that!

Shannon/Jodi said...

I don't think I've ever seen her fussy! She always seems very content and happy.