Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lincoln's Law Office

...Trusting in Him, who can go with me, and remain with you and be every where for good, let us confidently hope that all will yet be well. To His care, commending you, as I hope in your prayers you will commend me, I bid you, and affectionate, farewell. 

Abraham Lincoln
Farewell Address
Springfield, ILL
February, 1861

Really, how can you not love a man who can write like that? A man who loved my Savior and knew Him intimately? A man who loved my country and kept it together and brought freedom for all? 

These pictures were at his law office. When we were standing next to the desk that Lincoln actually sat at...I felt tears fill up in my eyes. Standing that close to history is so moving. 

Lauren, just like her mom and dad, found it all fascinating. 

Avery and Sullivan got a little bored! Avery calls him Habraham Lincoln and Sullivan calls him Mr. Wincoln

No comments: