Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday


SCHOOL'S OUT!!!!!

And my Lauren is back! I am thrilled. I THINK she is happy too. She didn't cry this year so that's an improvement from the end of last school year! I however did get a little teary when she met me at the door. One mom looked at me and said, "Well we've got 2nd Graders..." And I was crying. What a sap. 

We saw huge growth in Lauren's self-confidence in 1st Grade. She LOVED her teacher (pictured above) and her confidence grew like a weed! She's been a excellent student but now it seems she cant stop learning and talking about what she's learning. She wants to know about everything. Did you know they do story mapping in 1st grade?!?!?! I remember doing that in HS english! Did you know they learn about grams and kilograms and fractions in 1st Grade? I didn't. And she can tell you all about all of it. 

There is nothing Lauren likes better than to read or write. She is devouring books. She reminds me a lot of myself at her age...a little hesitant in her friendships, enjoying time by herself in her room - reading and just daydreaming I suppose. But she is also very social. Always telling us funny things her friends did or said and she is quite the story teller. Its fun! She really is growing up right before our eyes. 

I'm so excited to have her back around everyday for the summer. We are going to have a blast! 

Love you Lauren, my (gulp) 2nd Grader!!! 

No comments: