Sunday, May 10, 2009

Reflection

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  
She never existed before.  
The woman existed, but the mother, never.  
A mother is something absolutely new.  
~Rajneesh

I read that quote about a week ago and it spoke to me. I was thinking about how I had gone away on a weekend with the girls in need of a 'break' from my children. From responsibility. 
I got the 'break'. But I never stopped thinking about them, wondering about them, worrying about them, missing them. 
And as we walked around Chicago I knew that if I really were able to forget them for that weekend...that really wouldn't be right. I cant stop being their mom, for even one brief moment. 
And I was glad that the little faces of Lauren, Avery, Sully and Tess were burned into my brain and onto my heart in such a 
way that I will never be the same. 

That when each of them was born, their mother was also born. 

They are who I am and why I am. And I love that. 
I love that they are my world. 
What a beautiful world God gave me! 

Psalm 127:3
Children are a gift from the Lord. 

1 comment:

Andrea Dellit said...

:) well said.

Happy Mother's Day!