Monday, May 04, 2009

Two out of Four Ain't Bad!

Sullivan and Avery have been having a rough time lately...constantly fighting, screaming and annoying each other. They fight like, well like brothers and sisters do, especially brothers and sisters who are only 18 months apart in age. 

When things are good between them, they are really good - they can play so well together because of their closeness in age and they enjoy many of the same activities because of that closeness and because of their similar personalities. They can be hysterical together. They are quite the duo. 

But when things are bad between them, they are really bad. They fight over everything, they scream about everything, they pick fights and they are just down right mean to each other and annoying to anyone in their presence. They are quite the juvenile delinquents

Sunday night it came to a head and I had it. We had a long talk and punishments were laid out. There will be some new punishment systems put into place in our house very soon. (stay tuned 'till next week to find out more)

Tonight Lauren, Contessa and I are outside enjoying the BEAUTIFUL evening and they are both inside. They have to stay on the couches and they are allowed to read books. That's it. 

They've been there since after supper got over - 1 hour and 15 minutes ago. 

In 15 minutes they are both going to bed - 1/2 hour early...they will go to bed early every night this week but church night on Wednesday. 

I feel horrible. As I said, it is BEAUTIFUL out. And they are inside. At one point Sully had his face pressed up against the window and his eyes were just begging to come out. But this has to end before I end up in the looney bin and we have zero sitters who will take our children to give us a break!

Tonight I'm looking at it like this...2 out of 4 ain't bad! 

At least these two are as good as any kids can be! 

5 comments:

Cassie said...

if you read this on my blog you would call me mean.

Beckysblog said...

I'm calling myself mean!
But if could hear the screech that comes out of Sullivan's mouth during one of their tirades...you'd completely understand!

Sarah Guild said...

My dad made me stay home from fireworks on the 4th of July because I threw confetti all over the living room during a tantrum when I was five or six. You are not mean. Missing fireworks was mean. As you can see by my relationship with him - I recovered.

Cassie said...

have you ever heard ayla scream?
i bet she could take sullivan. my eardrums LITERALLY rattle.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girls...we once stopped on way home from church on Sunday nite for ice cream and Brian could not have one for some unremembered reason or another..But he tells me he does!! Ice cream Never tasted so rotten!!!
Tough love really means mom's and dad's go through great guilt trips, but, trust me, it does bring results!!
Mom