Monday, September 06, 2010

Lauren and her loot

Lauren has been showered with love and gifts like we couldn't believe this weekend.
Friends and family have gone out of their way to ensure that she feels cared for.
Today we made a list of everyone who had sent her a gift, card, or called, emailed or texted. She said, "Mommy, I cant believe all these people care about me so much!"
Thank you, thank you to every single person who has made this all a little easier on her.

Here she is enjoying one of her 'treats'! :)
Which I will be stealing later.

Today she was back to close to normal.
She actually played.
And had real smiles.
And giggles.
It has been great.
And she is off the prescription pain medication - yeah!

We are still debating over school tomorrow.
I think she might need one more day of rest. She is still really tired.
She is really concerned about her ear getting bumped while at school.
I dont blame her.
Honestly, I'd like to keep her home all week.
But I know its not necessary and by Wednesday I'm pretty sure she would be revolting.

2 comments:

Beth said...

just got back to town today and SO glad to see how well she is doing. You all have been on our hearts this weekend, friend. Sending our continued prayers for an uneventful week of complete healing. Much love!

mama barb said...

So glad to see at least a little sparkle back in those beautiful eyes..

mama barb