Thursday, September 16, 2010

an update

im in a blog hiatus.
i guess
just no urge to write. which is so not like me.
but we are all doing well.

lauren is recovering wonderfully from surgery. she is bummed because she cant participate fully in PE or recess yet and because she is not going to do soccer. but she is a champ and as always, handles things with composure. We had the Elem. open house this week and Lauren wrote a 'newspaper' for us to read when we arrived. It was all about her. She is such a great writer. I love that. She is creative and funny. She wrote in the newspaper that her heroes were jordan and i. That was a little more than I could take...it made me feel humbled and like i should give more! She deserves so much. She is always asking what she can do to help me. She has a true servant's heart. She is growing up before our eyes. She is amazing. And I love age 8. I hope 9 is as great.

She makes me want to be a better person and I love her.

avery is loving school. LOVING it. Saturday and Sunday are not her friends. She wants to be in school. She is so social and fun loving. She's had to be separated from Brooklyn. Which for some reason, I find insanely cute at this stage. She loved showing us around her school at the open house. She is excited about every single part. She also LOVES soccer. She is the youngest on her team and by far the smallest. But apparently she gets her competitive spirit from me...at least that is what her dad says. her coach said that at practice if someone tries to steal the ball from her, my sweet little Avery arm checks them! And again Im sorry, but right now, I love that. She is adorable in her soccer cleats and socks. her first game is next weekend.

She adds a zest to my life that I didn't know before and I love her.

sully loves preschool too! (how lucky are we!) he loves his friends and his teacher and centers and recess and the toys and working on numbers and letters. he will be more than ready for kindergarten next year. and im embarrased...the kid is teaching himself to read. he can sound words out better than avery. and he loves it. hes been having some trouble obeying recently. the past 2 weeks have been hard. nothing we are doing is working...ugh. Sully also loves Jesus. His prayers are the sweetest Ive ever heard. And sincere. He seems to get that he is talking to Jesus for real...not just reciting something for our benefit. We just need to get him to understand that Jesus is asking him to obey us! He talks about Jesus a lot and asks lots of questions. He asks questions about everything! And still talks 99.9% of his awake time. Its exhausting and we love it. Sullivan's personality is extreme. He is passionate and loud. Funny and rough. He is so excited for the new baby. I believe he will be the most infatuated with it! He loves its clothes, he loves to feel it move, he loves to talk about it. He is also my helper. And he is always asking me if I want foot rubs. Uh, yes!

He makes my days very full and I love him.

tess is not loving school. When we drop sully off she cries, 'school mommy! school!' She really wants to go with him. she misses them all and asks for them frequently. she still plays with dolls most of the time. but loves barbies and polly pockets too. and playing kitchen. She really loves princesses. oh my she loves princesses. especially 'Rella'. It seems with each of our girls the princess obsession has grown! I love hearing her sweet 2 year old voice throughtout my house. I hate the thought of there no longer being little voices in my house. She cries when i hold someone else's baby and tries to get them off my lap...that might not work so well in about 6 weeks! She is funny and loves to be the center of attention. She talks a lot and says hyserical things. She throws food on the floor and gets food out of the fridge without permission. She paints with the soap if we forget and leave it where she can reach.

She makes my days very very bright and I love her.

jordan is busy at work. job security i guess! he comes home and gives us his all. Im not sure how. but i know we are beyond blessed by him. and i would really like a bit of his patience. he amazes me and i am so in love with him. He is taking such good care of me with this last pregnancy. Waiting on me. Holding my hand and my heart when I am ridiculous and emotional and unreasonable. And by unreasonable, I mean UNREASONABLE. He makes me laugh every single day. And what's better - I make him laugh every single day. And after I make him laugh he looks at me like I am the most amazing person he knows. And that is pretty amazing to me. There is something about making the one that you love bust out laughing at your wit that makes you know you are loved.
He makes me feel treasured and I love him.

ive got about 6 weeks left with this pregnancy. im ready. i dont feel great. but i dont feel terrible. the main problem is that i am so unbelievably emotional. i dont believe ive ever been like this before - at least not to this extreme. again, my husbands patience has been phenomenal. i would have locked me out of the house by now. no kidding.
i bought the baby coming home from the hospital outfits this week. nothing is more fun. seriously, what could be cuter?
I love this baby...he or she makes me feel complete.

So in short. We are good. I love my family. I love staying home. Cant imagine how we ever did this before I stayed home. I am blessed beyond measure.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

i've been missing you! was going to email today...

oh, and 9 IS just as great! :-)