Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lauren - her ear and her obsession

Lauren and I traveled to Iowa City yesterday for her post surgery visit.

Lauren was really agitated about this appointment.
When the resident came in to do his exam I really thought she was just going to stand up and say forget it, we are out of here!
Luckily she trusts her doctor much better and he is SOOOO good and patient with her. I was relieved when he came in.
Its obvious he works with kids daily.

The doctor said it looked just like he hoped it would look at this stage.
That is just what we were hoping to hear.
She will stay on the ear drops for a bit longer and we actually have to go back in another month. Sounds like we will be keeping a very close eye on the ear to ensure that the patch holds this time.

Now for Lauren's obsession.
Its the baby.
She might be more consumed by it than me!

She is constantly asking what it is doing, trying to feel it, asking when I think we'll go to the hospital, if I think its a boy or a girl, just question after question.

I think after cousin Adrian was born she just got super excited!
And its really driving her (and me!) nuts that we don't know if we are getting a boy or a girl!
She wanted her fingernails painted to reflect that!
Pink and Blue.

A lot of people keep asking us what we are 'hoping for'.
All the kids want a boy.
Jordan still maintains that he wants one last girl.

Honestly, I want both.
But I don't think I could handle twins so I'm in a real dilemma!

I want a girl because, oh who doesn't love a baby girl covered in pink with bows in her hair!
I cannot imagine our house without another girl in it!

I want a boy because I would love nothing more than to see Sullivan get a brother.
I dont think he needs one.
I think he actually enjoys getting special father son time with Jordan all to himself.
But I know that down the road there could be things where a brother would really come in handy! And I know how fun it would be for me to watch them together.
I cant imagine our house without another boy!

So there you have it.
T-minus two weeks and the question will be answered!

2 comments:

Trina said...

The hardest thing my last few weeks was not knowing! I could handle all the other inconveniences of a 9-month pregnant body; but not knowing boy or girl was a killer.

Cassie said...

OOOOOOO...i'm getting SO excited!!!! it's getting so close!! :)