Monday, October 18, 2010

Roomies

Contessa and Sullivan have officially been roommates for over a week now.
I was dreading this move.
Even more than I dreaded the day we moved Lauren and Avery in together.
I felt like our family would never survive this set up.

(Don't you love how I am never overly dramatic? So does my husband!)

In all honestly it has gone amazingly well.
After the first two nights they both stopped talking and now it normally takes less than 10 minutes for them both to be sound asleep.
And they are both still sleeping in until 8 so I call that a huge success.

But last night Tess was struggling.
I think she napped too long.
Sully was fast asleep but we could hear Tess up there talking and playing until after 9.
So Jordan went up and brought her down to have a talk.

I might also need to mention that she tore apart a really cute book that she had in her
bed with her. Less than pleased!!!!

So Daddy gave her a stern talking too.
Look close at her face...she looks real concerned doesn't she?
She just sat there with this sheepish/angelic/smirky face starring at him.
And I'm pretty sure the whole encounter had more of an affect on him that it did on her.

Then she looked at me like this and of course having the camera in my hand I really had no place to discipline her. She knew she had me won over. And I'm pretty sure she knew she was in no real trouble from him either.
Oh Miss Contessa, what are we going to do with you?


2 comments:

Jen Freed said...

We are having the same problem- but I have realized that Jocelyn is super quiet- she was still up at 1:00 am and I realized that she hadn't gone to sleep yet- oops- oh the joys of a big girl bed

Courtney said...

she is SO cute! ( i know you know that...but...)