Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas kick-off

Tonight was our tree decorating night!
Is anything more exciting to a kid?
They loved every moment - looking through their ornaments, listening to Christmas carols and drinking hot chocolate.

For me it seems that I become more sappy with each passing year.
I was in tears many times throughout the evening - for many different reasons.

For one reason just being overwhelmed by the star in the sky some 2000 years ago that pointed to my Savior. Whose love for me went all the way to the cross.

Then it didnt seem to stop.

It kept going and blessed me with five...

Five sets of hands to make ornaments for my tree...

Five sets of smiles and hugs to fill my heart.

And our newest helper...who like her siblings is going to grow to quickly...I cry because I know that someday in the future they will have to be begged to stay and decorate the tree with us!

And lastly I cry because I finally admitted this year that Christmas will never again come without some pain & tears as I miss my dad.

Christmas lights remind me of him and the memories come rushing back. Memories of my awesome childhood that just feel a little bit more painful this time of year.

But my blessings are abundant and Christmas is here.
Welcome Christmas...tears and all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I think we were having some of the same thoughts this weekend!Love you!

yoderyears said...

Hugs!

Courtney said...

you are so good at counting your blessings!