Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful

This may only make sense in my tired brain but I wanted to get it down...I was feeling a little overwhelmed the other day and I had some encouragement in my inbox - again!

And again, I have great friends. Who seem to just know when to send something my way.

This verse spoke to me...

I Cor. 15:9-11 'For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain.'

Paul is saying that he was not worthy to be a follower of God. He was a horrible sinner.

Guess what...just like me! But Paul was able to recognize that God's grace toward him was not in vain.

Which made me think that even on the days that I feel overwhelmed...I am working for His glory and His grace for me on the cross was not in vain. I wont give up! And He wont let me. He saved me for a purpose.

And that made me realize that I can be thankful even for the opportunity to be overwhelmed! God gave me so much...even more grace to me! And He gave me the responsibility to do my work while giving Him the glory. Overwhelmed or not!

And that made me feel less overwhelmed and more thankful!

1 comment:

D G Curren said...

You are an amazing mother and your children are blessed!