Sunday, November 14, 2010

Adding Value to Survival

We have wonderful friends.
Truly, amazing, giving, loving friends.
We are blessed.

It seemed that about the minute I started showing with this last pregnancy I had friends asking, 'what do you need? can I take the other kids for you so you can get a nap? can I carry that for you?'

And then when lovely Torrance came into the world the love continued to be showered upon us...in the form of phone calls, emails, texts, notes and hugs.

And...food!

Torrance is over 3 weeks old.
I have yet to cook.
Our friends keep bringing in meals and when they stop - our basement freezer is stocked with freezer meals from our Sunday School friends.

Jordan and I have marveled at all the people who have brought us food and gifts.
We are truly blessed by such acts of service!

Truly, we are so grateful and so humbled.

And today I saw this quote and it seemed the perfect expression of what all these friends mean to us.

"Friendship is unnecessary, like art...It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."
C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

So thankful, all of you, for adding a great deal of value to our 'survival'!
We feel so loved!

No comments: