Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Rescued

I've been feeling down. I think its a combination of the time of year, being a stay at home mom in the dead of winter and some lingering post-baby 'stuff'.

I have really high highs and really low lows. Somedays I am bawling cause I'm the luckiest woman in the world and the next I'm bawling because I am so overwhelmed.

I finally admitted to myself that I am 'off' last week.
Admitted that I've probably never really felt like this before.
When I say it out loud - or type it out loud - it sounds so dumb.

So I haven't said anything.
This really isn't me. I really do not get like this.
But then I started talking about it a little and turns out - I'm normal!
huh! Who would have thought?

And since I like to keep it 'real' on here.
I'm putting it out here.

I've been down.

There, I said it.

Then I had the little light bulb go on in my head...
And I thought hmm, how have my devotions been the past month?
uh, nonexistent?

So this week I got back into it. And it was like everything I was reading was written exactly for me.
Exactly when I needed.
And suddenly friends were sharing verses and stories with me that were
exactly what I needed and timed perfectly for me.

You see, God knows.

He knew a long time ago that I would get like this.
He knew my weaknesses could overtake me and leave me in a dark place for the enemy to attack.

But God was ready. Calling me back, just like he always does.
He must surely get tired of having to call me back. But He never seems to.

He's always ready to remind me that circumstances are always going to change.
But He is constant...all I have to do is focus on Him.
I have to relearn that frequently!

And He knows He's the answer.

So below I've listed some of the verses that He has led me to already in this week.
The verses He purposefully placed in my Inbox, my friends' hearts and my devotional books.
I have no doubt that He planted them there for such a time as this.
And somehow that makes me feel so little and so big at the same time.
He's not just some ghost like being.
He's real. living. working. reigning.

I typed in the word rescue into a bible site's search engine and was given this verse:
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18

My sister-in-law gave me a devotional book last year that I had neglected.
I opened it back up on Tuesday night and I read two days worth. It was perfect.
The book is set up to feel like Jesus is talking to you and then there is scripture to back up what is written.
Here is a snippet from both days...
'I am with you and for you. You face nothing alone - nothing! When you feel anxious, know that you are focusing on the visible world and leaving Me out of the picture. The remedy is to Fix your eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen.'
'Bring Me your weakness, and receive My peace. Accept yourself and your circumstances just as they are, remembering that I am sovereign over everything. Do not wear yourself out with analyzing and planning. Instead, let thankfulness and trust be your guides through this day; they will keep you close to Me.
Here is the scripture that corresponds. SO powerful
Romans 8:31, II Cor. 4:18, Psalm 29:11 and 13:5, Numbers 6:22-26

And from my Inbox.
The reminder that my focus should be on Jesus, not my sin (inadequacies). And that His word has the answers and will draw me back.
Hebrews 4:12 'For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any two-edged sword. It penetrates even to diving soul and spirit, joint and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

So, I've been down.
Nothing too big - mostly annoying.
But I feel like I'm on the road to the upswing.
And all it will take is admitting I'm helpless without Him.
Every.
Single.
Day.

And needing Him like that...acknowledging it...makes me feel Rescued.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Thank you for being vulnerable and for sharing. I totally get it. And I'm so glad you got to a place to hear God speaking to you. It is so incredible when the pieces all come together and you can "hear" Him loud and clear :) Hugs!!