Thursday, February 24, 2011

strange but true

* I accomplish much more on days that things are CRAZY than I do on low key days. What does this say about me?

* Torrance has taken two 4-hour naps today. She's been asleep a lot more than she's been awake. I think she is fighting some sickness too.

* I really enjoy helping Lauren with multiplication. I did not enjoy helping her with addition and subtraction.

* Sullivan went with me to take the little girls to the dr. today. I actually told him at one point if he didn't stop talking I was going to lock him in the little cupboard under the sink in the exam room. SERIOUSLY KID!

* Of all my kids, Avery requires the most help finding something to do. She detests playing without a sibling. And I'm pretty sure she got this from me. And I hope she has a husband that will understand that in her when she is older like mine has learned to understand in me!

* My husband recently admitted to me that he does not like my cooking. And I honestly didn't care. I never professed to be a chef. And he doesn't appear to be starving so I think we're ok.

* The hardest part about being a SAHM to me is that I no longer get to shop or run errands on my own. I miss leisurely shopping at Target and I truly couldn't tell you the last time I was in a mall. Thank goodness for online shopping.

* There are fewer things I love more right now than driving in my car...alone!

* I've had a large frame hanging empty on my living room wall for 2 years. Today I finally filled it. I am extremely proud of this. And rather embarrassed.

* I've had this 'little black dress' hanging in my closet for a few years. And I've been hoping to wear it to my brother's wedding this Spring. I tried it on tonight and I think I'm going to make it! pretty pumped about that. Made my day.

* And lastly. Because you cannot make this stuff up...I went to the Dollar Store tonight to get some Pedialyte for Tess. I walked in and said, "Do you carry Pedialyte?" The clerk looked quite confused and said, "I dont believe we carry that kind of alcohol."
HUH!?! And that made my WEEK.

good night!


6 comments:

Trina said...

'doesn't appear to be starving' Sorry Jordan, but that was funny :)

Tisha said...

I enjoy this kind of randomness SO MUCH! Love learning about the details of friends' lives. Strange but true. :)

Ellie said...

Love this :) Yeah on the little black dress!

Ellie said...

Oh....and I am SO glad I am not the only one that threatens to lock my child away for talking too much!

Andrea Dellit said...

I love your random updates. :) Not strange.

Amy said...

We are often so anxious for Gretchen to start talking. Then we remember moments like yours... where the other 2 WILL NOT STOP TALKING... and we're okay with her not talking just yet. :)