Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thank you to my friend.

I've got to tell this little story.

I have to tell it so I don't forget, so that I can say thank you, and so I can praise God for His love...and for sending angels.

(Feel free to listen to or hum 'Angels Among Us' by Alabama as you read)

It was Friday night and it felt LATE. In reality it was only like 6 pm.

Tess was still sick, Torrance was being kind of fussy, Sullivan was being WILD, Avery was bored and Lauren was at my mom's for the night. Jordan and I were both just tired.

Then there was a knock at the door. I answered it and there was a friend. A friend with a girl in Lauren's grade. A friend who helps at the school.

She proceeded to hand me a bag full of wonderful homemade goodies and 2 letters.

Then she told me about my Lauren. She told me a story of Lauren's heart. A story about Lauren's patience and her goodness. About her soft spirit and her kindness. About how Lauren had touched the heart of a special student and in doing so had touched my friend's heart.

I was in tears. Welling with thankfulness for my girl, my friend and my good fortune at having been so blessed.

My friend, you didn't have to stop, you didnt have to bake, you didnt have to write the sweet words you wrote to both Lauren and myself.

But you did. You took the time.

And you were an angel to me on a cold Friday night.

Reminding me that I am not failing as a mother and that I have a heavenly Father who watches out for me and knows when I need a lift.

So yeah, 'I believe there are angels among us...sent down to us from somewhere up above...they come to you and me in our darkest hour...to show us how to live, to teach us how to give...and guide us with a light of love.' (love me some Alabama)

Thank you for your friendship.

(and on a side note...the chocolate cookies you brought were not nice...they were just plain mean...but oh so yummy!)

No comments: