Monday, March 28, 2011

*love*

You see this guy with me?
He was made specifically for me.
I believe that.
I have no doubt about that.
Since the first time he touched my hand...I had no doubt.

He knows.
He knows me.
He knows when to let me pout.
When to let me vent.
When to hold me close.
When to let me cry.
When to let me rant (I'm a HUGE ranter...)
And when to call me out and say Becky! Snap out of it! Suck it up.

He is perfect.
for me.
He probably wouldn't be perfect for anyone else.
Isn't that cool?
And he thinks I'M AMAZING!

We've had our struggles.
There have been hard times.
hard.

But he always knows where to go when times are tough.
He's never afraid to ask for help from someone who might know more.
He's never afraid to ask forgiveness.
He's never afraid to take one more step with me.
Never afraid to say - we cant do this alone - and pray with me.

Without him I think I'd be much less of anything in me that is good.
He is the love of my life.
My Love.

I think about him a lot during the day.
I think about how he makes me happy.
Those thoughts make my days better.
Brighter.

Lately as I think about him God has been putting a few other people onto my heart.
Five others to be exact.

No, not my children...
but the five others out there right now who will one day marry my children.

There are so many things I think about and pray about for them.
What are their homes like?
Do they see their parents fight? Is there abuse in the home?

Does their mom show their dad respect or does she nag him and act unsubmissive?

Does their dad show their mom real love? Does he build her up? Or does he belittle her and make her days harder? Does he teach his children the way a woman should be treated?

Do they see their parents work together with their Savior to solve problems?
Do they talk about Jesus at the supper table?
Do they pray together?

Do they argue over finances? Do they argue over everything?

At the end of the day are their families joyful about being together?

Oh how I pray for these five people out there.
Because I know that my oldest is going to be 10...and if the next 10 years go as fast as the last 10...well, its scary is what I'm saying.

So, I pray for their salvation, their intellect, their capacities for love, their senses of humor, their work ethic, their families, their health....

I pray that my children find the one God made just for them.
And that someday...at the end of their days...when they walk in and look one of my children in the eye in their homes together...they will see true love and commitment in each other.

Its a lot to pray for..
And I pray even more for my own kids and what I am teaching them and what they are learning as they watch me! It struck me recently, Im not just raising MY kids...Im raising someone's future wife or husband. Wow...this job just keeps getting bigger and bigger!
Was that one in the job description?

After my kids salvation my biggest prayer is that they will have happy, healthy, God-glorifying marriages and families.

So, to the five of you whose names I dont know...
yeah, this is your future mother-in-law...
and I'm praying for you.

1 comment:

Andrea Dellit said...

I just love you guys. You're so cute. And I know what you mean, because I have the same feeling over here.