Tuesday, March 22, 2011

World Water Day!

I am sick.
So Cassie is posting this for me! :)
And Cassie works today, so it's going to be quick.
Basically, I have committed to blogging about world water day today.
My goal is to get 10 of my readers to donate $10 HERE.
All donations go to The Adventure Project.
Did you know there are thousands of broken hand pumps throughout India. Actually, one third of all hand pumps installed in the last twenty years in developing countries are now broken. And 4,000 children die every day because of lack of clean drinking water.
That just doesn't seem right.
The Adventure Project is working to create change from the inside out.
Instead of going in a drilling more wells, The Adventure Project is partnering with WaterAid to train and employ handpump mechanics. The mechanics earn an income, bringing themselves out of poverty, and they save lives – turning water back on for thousands of people each year.
You can be a part.

The Adventure Project - World Water Day 2011 from The Adventure Project on Vimeo.


Just go HERE and donate. And follow along to see that the goal of $10,000 is met today.
If it is, it will be matched with ANOTHER $10,000.
Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

Jennie Peakin said...

And I am having a GIVEAWAY in honor of World Water Day over at my blog...check it out! :)