Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy 7th Birthday, Avery Elizabeth!!!

Oh Avery, my Avery.
Seven?
Really, seven?

Somehow it seems impossible and at the same time like no big surprise. With you it has always seemed that you have been begging to grow up. And while I've tried my hardest to stop that...you are doing it anyway. Have been...since practically birth.
Chasing after Lauren and trying desperately to be 'old'!

Avery you amaze us every day. You are beautiful inside and out.
You are fun and funny!
Giggly and smart.
Picky and persistent.
You have a tender heart...worrying about others and hurting for them.
There are things about you that are SO me that it makes my heart hurt for you! Of all our kids you are probably in fact the most like me. And yet somehow...there are days I understand you the least and worry about you the most!

Avery as one of our 'middle' girls I worry that you will feel lost somewhere between your ultra mature older sister and your loud, rowdy younger siblings.

Never doubt sweet girl that you were put in our family as the second born with a purpose that only you can fulfill. You were planned and known and loved before you were even a thought in our heads. And now you are secure in our hearts.

You are the most special Avery Elizabeth that could ever be...you are the perfect one for our family! I remember hoping and praying that you would be a girl...and I remember them laying you in my arms and staring at your tiny face and your dark hair...feeling so blessed and happy.

Avery we love your smile and even your 'crocodile' tears.
We love your competitiveness and the way that you hesitate to cut anyone off in soccer at the same time.

We love you for your extremes and your sullen pouting that rears its ugly head from time to time...all gifts from your mother.

My girl, thank you for coming to live at our house.
You are my smile each morning and my light heart at bedtime.

Seeing your face at my beside will always be one of the most perfect ways I know to start a day.

I will admit that Id give just about anything to have you be 3 for the rest of your life...full of smiles, innocence, giggles and snuggles...but I can also admit that at 7 you are teaching me a whole new kind of fun and adventure.

Happy 7th Birthday sweet baby girl.
We could not love you more.

Always,
Mommy & Daddy.

5 comments:

D G Curren said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AVERY!

Cassie said...

happy happy happy birthday to you, avery!!!!

yoderyears said...

Happy Birthday, Avery!

mama barb said...

A-VERY,
You have brightened my life so very much, yes much like your mother..from vaseline on my bathroom walls to coming to find you on my stair steps pouting to the countless hugs and kisses you have given me...
I will always, always always love you!!!!
mama barb

Meghan said...

Happy Birthday!