Saturday, June 25, 2011

She's Home!

The kids and I picked Lauren up this morning from the church parking lot.
I'll admit that my stomach was flipping as we were pulling up.

When we saw her climb out of the van Avery squealed.
She tore out of the van before I could yell, 'Avery, watch for cars!'

They made eye contact and started RUNNING towards each other.

Honestly, I wanted to cut Avery off and beat her to Lauren for the first hug...but seeing how happy they were to see each other was so fun. They were both crying.
So of course, was I.
A week was too long to not have one conversation with my girl!

To celebrate her return we went immediately to the mall to pierce her ears.
She was so very happy.
When she sat in the chair however she almost changed her mind.
She was tearing up and I said, 'Lauren dont do it then...we'll do it some other time.'
But she powered through the fear and did it!
And I forgot the camera in the car!

So glad you are back Bo-bo....so. glad!

(On another note...I cant imagine what a boy's bag would smell like after a week at camp...because Lauren's was disgusting...a boy's would likely be much worse!)

1 comment:

Shannon/Jodi said...

I've learned over the years that boys don't change their clothes much at Jr. Boys camp, so they don't have AS MANY stinky clothes. Colton actually packed himself this year. I've lowered my standards a lot :-)

Everything goes directly into the washer when they get home, whether they say they are clean or not!