Thursday, July 16, 2009

And we're home

Tess and I are back from our trip to Iowa City. 

The trip was quick and basically pointless. Everything we did, could have been done over the phone. 

The office did not receive the CD with Tess's VCUG test and ultrasound on it so she couldn't look at the tests. She read the dr.'s written notes and from that is saying that there is a 1% chance Tess will need surgery for her reflux. 

The CD has NOW been mailed and should arrive next week...the dr. will review it and call me either way after that. I'm expecting to hear from her in 2 weeks. 

Frustrated? Yes, I called on Monday to ensure that they had everything they needed and the our Dr.'s office said it had all been sent. Well I guess not.

Anyway, frustrations aside I am blessed. Tess isn't going to need surgery. We will go back in June of 2010 to redo the VCUG test and see if she is outgrowing the reflux like they suspect. The dr. is confident she will be at that time. 

It is impossible to visit the U of I Children's Specialty Clinic and not leave feeling like you are blessed beyond measure. I have 4 children. None of which have any serious health issues. When you are at the U of I that makes you a minority. It is heart breaking. Truly heart breaking. 

Want to feel blessed? Sit in that waiting room for about 3 1/2 minutes. 

Thank you Lord for blessing me with my four complete miracles. 

2 comments:

Shannon/Jodi said...

Glad to hear the good news!

Courtney said...

that's great! sorry for the "pointless" visit...but glad to hear the news!