Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Fair to Middlin'

Towards the end of my grandpa's life when he was asked, 'How are you doing today?' He'd answer, 'Oh, fair to middlin'.

I guess it means, not too good, not too bad.

I always thought he just sounded cute saying that, I miss him. He's been gone over 9 years.
I used to kiss the top of his EXTREMELY bald, EXTREMELY big head and he'd look up and just beam at me...that must be where all the big heads in my family come from!

Anyway, there is no real point to that story except that I've been thinking about him and whenever I do, I think of that saying.

I think I'm just missing my family a lot lately...and I'm getting so excited because in just about 2.5 weeks 2 of my brothers and 2 of my nieces will be arriving from out East - Robert and his girlfriend Jen and Brian and his twin girls, Katie and Sandie. We haven't seen Brian since the summer my dad died...its been way too long.

I'm so looking forward to some real family time and a big gathering at my mom's all week when they arrive.

No comments: