Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm a slow learner

We got our school shopping done this week and I took advantage of the $.25 markers and colors and restocked our supply at home. 

Avery and Sullivan have been THRILLED with this. Especially Sullivan, he's having so much fun making creations. And he's getting so much better...making stick figures with actual faces on them and today he made a really good flower! He absolutely loves the markers. I've never really let him play with markers before. 

Well I was so excited today...Tess sat herself up to the art table all by herself and wanted to color. She had a piece of paper so I gave her one of our big baby sized crayons. She was so proud. 

And I was so excited that they were all entertained. I went back to the kitchen to finish the dishes. About 10 minutes later I hear Avery calling, "Mommy! Tess got the black crayon and its all over her face."

I knew right away. I knew it was no crayon she was playing with. And I realized after 4 kids I am still not very smart. I left my 1 year old at a table with markers. 

So this is what I found...

This was AFTER I cleaned her up. Pretty. 

Could have been much much worse...but I wonder how much she ingested! And I wonder how long she'll have that cute little beard. 

Washable markers huh? Washable? Really? 

No comments: