Saturday, July 18, 2009

Boys

In comparison to girls...little boys must just pee a lot!!!

Thursday I started serious potty training with Sully. We tried when he turned 3 in February and it was a complete flop. complete flop. 

He's been showing more signs over the past month and I always make him go after diaper changes and before and after bed etc

And he starts preschool in the fall and he's almost 3 and 1/2 now AND I cannot change 2 kids diapers any longer. 

So, we're doing it. We've vowed to never put a diaper back on him unless its nap time or bed time. 

AND...

He's doing GREAT!!!

He has a different mindset this time. He is excited about it and doesn't want to wear diapers. Its true, its pointless to try until THEY are ready. 

Yesterday he was dry all day until 7 pm. But we had Kirkpatrick's over and they were playing hide and seek outside and eating ice cream. A few too many distractions. 
This morning when I went in to get him up he said, "I'm holding it! I need to go!" He RAN into the bathroom and went forever. And his diaper was DRY!

We are definitely making serious, serious progress. I think we'll actually be ok never putting him in a diaper again...as long as I've got an extra change of clothes with us for awhile! 

But back to my original topic, really, are all little boys like this? I swear he goes like every 10 minutes?!

Weird. 

No comments: