Monday, December 28, 2009

First Day

A couple people asked me how my 'first day' went today.
Well, it doesnt feel like my first day because Lauren is still home and there is no preschool. This still feels just like a nice Christmas vacation.
And plus there are like millions of new toys and games and projects for the kids to do.
I've basically just been playing games and feeding them.
But I'm afraid tomorrow this pile will have to get taken care of. Because seriously, theres only so much chaos one mom can handle.
I keep reminding myself when I walk by this table loaded down with about 1/2 the new toys...that in a matter of a few years it wont be like this. That gift opening will be totally boring with gift cards and cash being opened rather than toys and stuffed animals and games!
That helps me not mind the chaos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And then, Praise the Lord...grandchildren arrive!!!!!

mom

Courtney said...

that was good perspective...i wish i had read that christmas night when i was so CRANKY from all the STUFF!!!