Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1st day of school 2010

Well, like it or not, morning came.
And I have a kindergartener and a 3rd grader.
I decided on Monday that it could be worse: They could be entering 10th, 7th, 6th, 4th and 2nd.
Someday I'll have to make my peace with that - and that will be worse.

But this was hard. And I think it had something to do with my staying home full time - somehow it was harder to let them walk out my door and into the school.

So excited!

Avery was a little timid which made it harder for me to leave.
But I did. And I didn't shed more than a few tears until I got back home.
And I wont go back.
Until 3:15 - I'll be there on the dot for that.

Avery and Lauren we were proud of you before you ever walked in those big doors.
Knock 'em dead girls!
And even though we cant be with you - Jesus is. Remember these words we read this morning: Psalm 25:4-5 'Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.'
He's the ultimate truth and He is with you ALL DAY LONG!

Pics with Daddy.

And yes, she is old. And practically ready to graduate.
And she seems to be ruling the school with her friends already - so confident.

It helped Avery having this special friend in her class.

And now I have to go because I was smart enough to schedule a hair cut and color for today to drown my sorrows. And then a park date with friends after that!
I'm so very smart.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

oh avery...she has been WAITING for this day!! so excited for her!
sorry for you...:(
go enjoy your haircut. and playdate.
love you....

yoderyears said...

Like you said..."its not just a hat rack!" Isn't that what you said??? Now I'm not sure...it was funny when you said it. It doesn't sound so funny when I say it. Ok. I need to go eat something.

Courtney said...

just catching up...wow...big stuff! i'm dreading it...we have another week...